Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow Days

The weather has been pretty ugly here lately and a lot of snow days have been called. You would think that would mean a lot of crocheting. Sadly, no. But that doesn't mean there hasn't been some going on!

One of my goals for the year is to design a scarf each month. I have aKees books that contain instructions for crochet, knit and cable stitches. I usually pick A stitch pattern that fits the yarn I have and go to town creating a new scarf.

My first scarf of the year is crocheted in a butterfy stitch which creates a pattern by simply repeating the same two rows throughout. The yarn I chose I bought at the Fiber Arts Yarn Shop in Watkins Glen, NY, a beautiful chocolate brown and green camel hair yarn. It's a delicate DK weight that has a beautiful sdrape in this stitch.

I'm excited to finish the scarf so I'll keep you posted. Happy crocheting!

PS - I haven't finished the sweater yet :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment